Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pain leads to strength...........? Really?

A few thoughts of events that have happened in my life lately.

First - exercise is hard. and not eating chocolate? EVEN harder!!
I usually set a date for an event that I want to lose 40 lbs. for. and then that event comes and I haven't lost an ounce! AND it's annoying!!! This picture is a prime example! I was trying to avoid those curves being so apparent at my sister's wedding!

I have since realized that with anything that needs changing, such as finances or weight, that that desire needs to come from within. It's the daily grind of small steps that leads to the successfully achieved goal.  And you have to do it on your own terms. 

I was trying and trying to get up at 5am and get to the gym, and then I realized that that isn't how I needed to approach my goals! I needed to do it in my own way, so now I get up at 6am instead and it works for me. It takes lots of tries to figure out what works the best for YOU!

Second, 
Don't ever give up on something that you believe in. Even when life is dark and painful and lonely. There will be a light at the end, or you will strike a match and make that light. 

I've lost a lot in my life. Friends and people that I had dreams for. And it's painful. But I've noticed through the tries and tries again that my strength increases and my hope brightens, and positive things come out of the time in the dark. Pain does lead to strength. Just as exercising a muscle breaks it down so that it can be stronger. Don't give up.