This weekend was a great fourth of July weekend!!
Happy birthday America!
Congrats US Women's World Cup! 3 stars!!!
and yay! for my dad, and I, and for my brother's niece for surviving!
As mentioned before, I could've had a less than favorable experience on a river.
Then that night, during fireworks I got a text from my sister saying that my dad had passed out and was breaking into cold sweats and being rushed to the ER. He had broken a rib last week from a 15 foot fall and something had happened. Worse night of life ever! It is absolute torture to be 800 miles from home, not quite knowing how the most important man in your life is doing or if he is alive. Needless to say, I didn't see the finale of the fireworks. I was glued to my phone. And I may or may not have cried all night long. I most certainly prayed all night long. Turns out he had 3 broken ribs and one lacerated his blood vessels and filled his chest with blood. They inserted a chest tube and drained a litre and a half of vampire food and have had him in the hospital for the last few days. HE is DOING great!
I am grateful for something that I realized before all this happened. That we have to seize the day. Forgive. Love. and cherish each moment with those that we care about. Say I'm Sorry quickly. Don't hold grudges. Talk to those you care about often. Be Vulnerable in your Love. Serve. Listen..
I'm grateful I called my day earlier in the week and talked to him about my life. He truly is the best daddy to me. I'm grateful for my family and the fun that I had with my brother and sister-in-law this weekend. And I'm thankful for my strong strong momma that didn't even waver for a second in her faith that my dad would be ok. I feel truly blessed.
Now don't come up to me and say "oh my gosh, your dad!" But do say, "I went and told my family I loved them." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment