Thursday, October 8, 2015

Keeping it real - We are all Warriors in this Journey

On this blog I try to keep it real and be open and honest about everything from dating to depression. And this is going to be a sad blog, but it is a reality it a lot of people's lives and I want to talk about it.
Suicide.
When I was in my twenties, I was first affected by suicide. A friend that I had played with when I was young took his life. He had depression and he felt lonely.
Then three years ago, a fella in my YSA ward also ended his life abruptly.  He had some mental illnesses as well. He was such a sweet guy that lifted others up.
And finally, last week. A sweet boy that I had watched as a baby, that I had loved and learned patience with as he cried for his mom and dad when they were gone, that his brother and sister and I used to sing to because it would calm him down, that said my name as one of his first words, took his life at 16. He had grown to be a happy boy that shared his smiles and love with everyone and always put them first, but deep inside felt lost.

None of these three were  very close to me, but close enough that they influenced my memories and my life and changed it forever, both when I knew them and after they left.  I've been there. I've been somewhere so dark that the only way out seemed to be to quit. I've been lonely and lost. I've been in unbearable emotional pain. I've thought that know one cared or loved me at all.

BUT.........when the bloke in my YSA ward left, he left a big hole in many lives and I saw how bad suicide hurt others. I realized I never wanted to cause that pain to anyone. And I saw that there is a light at the end. That nothing is worth giving up on!!!! You ARE a beautiful person! You ARE a child of God! You CAN change your life!

My life since has been about never giving up. I  have dreams that I work towards everyday, even if it's finding the perfect red lipstick and that's it!! And now my dreams have grown so much that I believe I can make a difference and help one person not give up.  It's not easy. Life isn't meant to be easy. Oh! But this journey is SO worth not giving up on!

Please if you feel dark and alone, reach out to someone, don't quit, let others help you. And please donate to Suicide Prevention and Awareness in honor of that sweet baby boy that lives on forever in my heart. In Honor of Jacob Weggemann. None of these funds go to the family, but only towards prevention and awareness.  Thank you for letting me share my sorrow and my hope :) xoxo!

No comments: