On the heels of the Mother's Day post, I also received the idea that maybe fellas recognize my independence and they don't feel like I need them in my life. Of course, I pondered that. And it could be true. However, what else is a single woman to do?
As a man earns my trust, he also earns my independence. I once posted about co-dependency a long time ago. I think that it can be a dangerous thing and could possibly be abusive and in a marriage it must be a balance act. (remember this is my opinions, not actual research or study)
For example, I can't rely on my husband's opinions to guide my actions. I also can't rely on his testimony or beliefs. Our actions and beliefs should be so similar and guided by correct principles that this is not even an issue. We should both have the same end goals in mind. We may approach it differently, but be headed in the same direction together. There will be times that we will disagree, but evaluating the best course with communication and understanding is important and necessary.
I am a strong independent woman that is 100% capable of providing for myself, yet I want to allow someone the opportunity to do so for me, as far as I trust him completely. For then, I'll will also provide for him.
Plus, it will be so nice to have someone help me keep track of my keys.
Disclaimer.
I know that I seem an idealist to some. I know a lot of amazing single woman that have tried their best to have wonderful marriages and have been abused and are now sole providers and I am amazed by them every single day. I am not blind to the horrors that can happen in marriages. The pain that my dearest friends have experienced has not only shown me that I can take care of myself, but that I also must be very careful in my dating and choice of who I marry.
No comments:
Post a Comment