I get so much advice on Mother's Day, that I honestly have heard over and over and over again.
1. I could adopt
2. Or foster
3. Be inseminated
4. Not be so picky in choosing a husband
5. Date more
Also I hear this a lot too. That I am already a mother in my heart. And this is so true. How do I explain to all these people that a part of who I am is always missing?
I got a question this week that was new! How much do I want to be a wife? and I had to think about that because I always focused on being a mommy. I realized this week, that I want to be a wife just a much as I want to be a mom. I want to share my moments with one special person, I want to laugh with that man, share his burdens and frustrations, I want to have that best friend that I annoy and still love at the same time. I want that man that respects me as much as I respect him. A man that cherishes me, that is my partner.
When I think of my home, I don't think of being a single mom. I think of a complete traditional two parent home. Where my husband and I are partners in raising beautiful littles, and bringing joy, sunshine, and laughter to all those around us. And the one thing that that dream and the ability I have to fulfill it now have in common is simple.
I want to be who God wants me to be. That's where I find my comfort on Mother's Day. I can still touch hearts, comfort and lift those around me, and be an example to little children. I can still be the woman of God that I would be as a wife and mother. That love can still fill my heart, because I feel that the Love of God is the kind of love it takes to be a wife and mother. When I do become a wife and mother, it will just magnify so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment