Monday, April 13, 2015

#2 PA&C READ to the END!!

I am a good daughter/friend/sister and 
hopefully someday wife/mother. 

Why do I have water leaking down my face when I think of this one? 

1. A friend told me the other day that I don't give myself enough credit for the person that I am. He's told me that I'm one of the kindest people that he knows, that I'm fun, and that I'm awesome and amazing!

2. Yet, there are also those that spread those nasty rumors about me. 

1. One of the ladies that I look up to so much tells me how wonderful I am! 

2. And so many people (along with myself) wonder why I'm not married. 

1. Let me tell you about my Easter.  It was fantastic! I got to hide the eggs for my friends 10 grandkids, which was super fun because I've never had the opportunity before! 

2. I also got to hang out with 3 pregnant women and realize that that may never be me. AND I so much want that to be me. I want to be a wife and mother. 

1. I also got to listen to General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and so much of it was about families. 


This is why I have tears leaking down my face. 
Because I have two choices in my life. 
I can either look at the good
or I can look at the bad. 
I can let the pain and loss of what I don't have 
eat me away
or 
I can let it give me hope
and 
find the joy!

I was also asked the other day, if I could go back to a certain age and start over again, what would that age be? I used to think
  I'd go back to 23 and start AND finish BYU or start hygiene school then!
I'd go back to 26 and not move home to Oregon.
  I'd go to 34 and not move back to Oregon.
Maybe I'd be married and have kids by now. 

But this last year, I realized that every decision that I've made has made me a better daughter to my daddy. A better sister to my siblings, and a better friend to those that I've met along the way. 

I wouldn't change a single thing in my life. 
My trials and experiences and choices have made me a better daughter of God. 
They've made me more confident in my trials and in my joy

They've made me strong. 

Positive affirmations and confidence is not about pride or arrogance.
It's about recognizing the good that is inside of you and celebrating that!!!
Because we all have it.
XOXO. love you all. 
My little joy bear of a niece. 

No comments: