Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Word on Dating Part 1.

Last week I had the awesome invitation to be a part of a group date to an observatory! It's a free date, it's a group date so no fear of my expecting to set a wedding date with you, and it's a great opportunity to become friends in a comfortable low-key setting.


Well I come from a small area in Oregon where there are literally zero fellas to date that are LDS and 31-45 years of age. Here in Logan however, there are many!!!

So I decided to go a little out of my shell and ask around for a date. It would be great to make new friends and to spend time with others!!! I was super excited and hopeful!

Now these disclosures of reasons why I do not have a date are not meant to offend any of the readers that I asked but to point out that our attitudes need to change.......mine included!!! And some of these reasons probably have more detail behind them that I am not privileged to. 

Reasons to not be on this date
1. First person I asked thought I was asking HIM to find a date and was excited to do that.   Obviously I should call and not text.  I explained that the date was a group date and with me, and the next day he declined.  He did say that he possibly had other plans.  And then choose to do those. 

2. Three fellas said that they were pursuing other interests and not interested in going on a date.  Well, that's awesome, but I'm not asking you to be married!!!! I'm just asking to become a friend and have fun!!! Only one of these was on the midst of being pretty serious. 
I have two opinions about this. 
One, if I was the girl on the other side of these guys, I'd want him to have options open until we had that "conversation".  
Two, enjoy getting to know other people because maybe your friend and this girl could be a match!!
OK, three opinions......if I hadn't already realized how great this guy is that I'm dating and committed to date him only, I definitely would after he went on a date with another girl!!!!! Remember here that I could entirely be misreading.

3. Basketball game!

4. One is out of town

5. One has a friend coming into town

There are a couple that I have forgotten because to be quite frank I got tired of asking and when I did I just expected a "no".  I became very sympathetic to my male friends that have asked up to 15 different girls on a date! 

Another female friend of mine asked a fella that had tickets to another event that he forgot about and he approached her after he had confirmed his date previously, and explained that he double booked. He then suggested that they go to dinner before the observatory (which was not included in the plans) and then do as much as they can before his next event. AWESOME!!!! CHEERS to you my FRIEND!! That's a perfect example of how to date! and the respect to show a woman!

Two of these gentlemen that I asked were very kind about saying no.  One said that he would love to go on a date another time.  The other said that the beautiful woman that he was currently dating would probably get very jealous if he went on a date with another beautiful woman. AWE! Both of those comments made asking worth it :) Especially because by this time, I was becoming a very self-conscious, insecure woman and thinking that I was ugly, fat, and boring. 

My Friday plans have changed and I now have the awesome opportunity to go to a concert by Gaelic Storm! I'm super excited and I'm taking my friend Natalie and expect it to be a blast! 
Irish music + good friends = great Friday night!

Maybe in a month I'll try again...........maybe. 


No comments: