Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happiness from within?

What does this mean to you? Really, if you are reading this post please reply, because i need your help and ideas.
I guess it's easy to be happy when everything is going well. But what do you do when you're angry, when you're hurt, when your friends die.? Truth is for me....I'm not happy at these times. But how do you let those emotions co-exist? Do you ignore one and concentrate on the other? Do you find times to let the unhappy emotions out? Do you be 'optimistic' and 'count your blessings'? I've always been the type to feel my emotions out, you know, recognize what I'm feeling and let it happen, but then I get start to make it a habit to feel down, and I get stuck there. So truly....what IS happiness from within? and how do you find it?
I've had someone say do what makes you happy, but even still, isn't that using external sources for your happiness....how does it come from deep inside.?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelda... I definitely see where you are coming from. Not sure if this will help any but it's nice none the less:

The Effect of Thought

Whenever you cultivate a thought,
Remember it will trace
With certain touch in picture form
A story on your face.
Whenever you dwell upon a thought
Remember it will roll
Into your being and become
A fiber of your soul
Whenever you send out a thought
Remember it will be
A force throughout the universe
For all eternity.

-author unknown

Michelle said...

I say, stop trying to find someone or something to blame when life's not going according to plan. Does that make sense?

Let yourself accept that sometimes things suck, and it's nobody's fault. There's no use in asking "Why?" because there's not always an answer. It's okay to say "I don't know."

Don't be afraid of what you don't understand. Let it suck and recognize it's not your fault.

Will that make you a happier person? I don't know. But it might help you let go of anger and turmoil.

And maybe hire a therapist, too. It helps :-)