I have so much time on my hands waiting for school to start that I think way too much! Here's some thoughts.....I'm tired of people telling me that I should be grateful to be single and that I should enjoy it while I can. Do these people really even know me? Do they know how difficult and challenging it is to go through this trial? I am a person that was born to be a wife and a mother. (didn't used to think so)It's the very essence of who I am. So to wait patiently for "the right time" is a trial for me. It's sacrificing a piece of myself. It is so hard to see all your married friends hang out with each other and then know that you can't really be a part of that because you're single, and they forget to invite you because once again.....single. It's horrible to be lonely. It's hard when you go to a singles branch and your the oldest one and the only one your age. It's challenging to realize that in two years you will go to a family ward without a family of your own. So what do I do? I babysit, I crochet, I plan weekly meals, I make flowers for my future wedding dress, I plan my wedding down to the last detail. Why? Crazy? I do this so that I can keep my hope in knowing that someday I will get married. Not to be a psycho. But to retain a part of myself and my dreams.
I have a friend that tells me not to worry and to be busy. Which, I try to do. I try to improve myself, to be happy with myself, and to not worry that my eggs are shriveling up and if I wait any longer I won't have children, or when I do they will be twenty when I'm eighty. I do my best to be social and be happy with what i've got. I guess that's the most you can do in any trial. Yes, I can improve, and yes, i do like my independance.......but yes, i can't wait for the dream of my very own family.
2 comments:
This won't help, but you might take some comfort in knowing that as a woman that you are promised to have the difference made up to you for waiting. Whereas I, as a guy, am left with no excuse if for some reason I live out my days scaring off women. Eeek!
Kelda you are wonderful and guess what...You're MR. Right isn't quite ready and unfortunately you have to wait until he it. But I'm sure he'll be worth the wait, and he'll be lucky to have scored you!
Adrienne
Post a Comment