
Where were you this eventful day? I was on my mission in Australia. And I tell you what, there is nothing scarier than not knowing what is happening to your country and not being there. I was scared and frightened and I shed many tears. I remember the Sunday after 9/11 our ward had a moment of silence for America and that we sang the Star Spangled Banner, all of the verses! It was amazing to hear Australians sing our national anthem, and feel the power of it. I had never been so proud to be an American!!! I wanted someone to go out there and stand up to terrorism and fight for the atrocity that befell our country. Not only does terror affect our country but the world, and that was evident to me as I was living in Australia.
I am so thankful to be an American, and to have the hard won freedoms that I have. I am a woman, I'm allowed to vote, and earn a living, and to choose my beliefs. I'm allowed freedom of speech, and many others rights and privledges as are we all.
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.
1 comment:
AMEN MY SISTA!
Post a Comment