My friend Josh wrote on his blog his ideal girl. and i thought that i would want to record my ideal man. surprise, surprise, i really don't think of this too much. i'm more the kind of person that sees what is really important and keep as my number one or two things, and hope the rest just fall into place.
1. Put the Lord first, and ourselves second. Church and testimony and obedience to the commandments is so huge to me. A man that is humble, and honors his priesthood is a man that is truly amazing and priceless as a husband and father.
2. Listener. I love to talk my thoughts. I don't really need any feedback, I just need to air out my head. Someone that listens to what I have to say can learn a lot about me and my ideals. But sometimes I don't want to say anything and I just need someone to hold me and listen to what isn't said. A man that knows when to respond and when not to. Of course, he gets his say too, we take turns talking but sometimes no communication is needed at all.
3. Makes me laugh! doesn't take me too seriously, and is silly. Laughing at nothing at all, and finding joy in good things is the best laughter to me. He can paint or enact a picture that is so funny that I pee my pants. He doesn't let me get too serious, yet knows when to be serious.
4. Enthusiastic. This could be anything. just so long as he has a love for life, and enjoys doing anything with me.......be it dancing, his family, exercising, playing sports, camping, eating polynesian food, etc. Just so long as he lives out loud.
5. Trust and honesty. I want to be to talk to him about anything and know that it is safe with him, and vice versa. Even my bad habits, and his.
6. Completion. I truly believe that couples fill in each others gaps and strengthen one another. He will complete me and I will complete him.
7. Socially. I have no idea to describe this, so I will share moments. When I introduce him to my cherished friends he is comfortable and open with them because they are my friends and I love them. He doesn't need to stand out in the crowd, in fact, I prefer that he isn't the center of attention, because jealously, i want the attention to be on me and to be shared. But he's not afraid to be in a crowd either.
He likes having our neighbors over for dinner parties, he wants to go dancing just to be with me and because I love it. I guess it could be that he is comfortable with himself and wants others to be comfortable too.
I see............playing like children, and walks in the park
I see............smiles and tears
I see............movie nights, dinner dates, and game nights complete with cheating
I see............encouragement to have healthy bodies together
I see............adorable children
I see............a small note on the mirror "I love you, or Your beautiful"
I hear...........music
I hear...........laughter
I hear...........secrets
I hear...........whispers
I hear...........the gospel
I hear...........encouragement
I feel...........hugs
I feel...........kisses
I feel...........warmth
I feel...........love
I feel...........the spirit
I feel...........giddy
1 comment:
Nice work, deary. And thanks for the shoutout. I'm touched.
Post a Comment