Latter-Day Saint, Oregonian transplanted to Utah, french toast lover, sprinkler of cheeky kisses, single, daily improver, joy finder, and trying every day to bring reality and light to lives
Thursday, July 24, 2008
To Be a Coconut
Once upon a time, a friend told me that I was an inside-out coconut. Meaning I was white on the outside and brown on the inside (polynesian personality). Well, I love coconuts, and have a story. My dad is ever the enterprising man.....he makes walking staves, and staffs, and pineneedle baskets. And I love to buy coconut jewelry, and I always lose the match to a pair of earrings, so I thought that I would have my dad try to make the match that I lost. Comprende? Well, he came up with the idea of making jewelry out of coconut shells. so we got started. We cracked our coconut and realized that there is so much more work involved in getting just the shell. So we became brown. We saved the coconut juice, and scraped out the meat (if anyone knows any easy way to do this please clue us in) and then we wanted to make coconut milk. so we blended the meat and juice together. I have to tell you I was so excited!!! then we strained the mess, and tada!!! coconut milk. a quart of it!!! what do we do now? how do we use this before it spoils? if you have any recipes please send them my way, but for I now I'm experimenting and so thrilled, because I love everything about coconuts!!! i'm putting it in my fettucine sauce, and making tons of pagi popo, and koko laisa, and anything else i can think of. as for the meat, it's very fine, and i think that we are going to dry it, and use it in breads, cereals, and cakes. yum!! I felt so brown last night that I melted with joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for brown - inside or out!
"...I felt so brown last night that I melted with joy." LOL... I love it!!!
BTW, how did your fettucine turn out? I've never thought to add coconut in it.
Post a Comment