Monday, July 14, 2008

Junker Cars

I have a junker car.....but I love it. It gets 27-30 miles a gallon, has 230,000 + miles, and runs pretty well. Also has no AC, no low heat, a broken sunroof that you can open from the outside (don't attempt to break in please) broken passenger window, faulty auto seatbelt (the important one works) no 4x4 drive, dented bumper, bad paint, and faulty radio. But i truly love my car. this last week it has been giving me some problems. and we couldn't figure out what. i had to jump it all the time!! yes, it was my battery. thanks heavens. when i was having issues with it, i was thinking.......shoots!!! why does this always happen to me?!! when i try to financially savy, something goes wrong (see the post about my computer melting)!!!! well, thank you Heavenly Father, it was only my battery (despite many theories that it was my alternator, or engine) and because so many people have enlisted my aid to housesit this month, i have the finances available to pay for my car. I am so grateful for a heavenly Father that watches over me, and blesses me in the small ways.

3 comments:

McDuffie Family said...

these cars are what make the best memories! I'm glad it was just the battery and heavenly father is looking out for you, 'cuz even when all goes wrong and it doesn't feel lIke He is, He is! I'm grateful for the post before! I understand the binge, but I'm glad for the moments after that teach us and we have the power to create our happiness and have the will to go on and be better! I love reading your posts Kelda! You are gifted in writing!

LaChelle said...

Ah, junker cars. Gotta love 'em. We've also had a lot of car problems lately, and it's been amazing how we've just somehow been able to work it all out financially. Heavenly Father really is watching out for all of us! Love you Kelda!

Steve Wiscombe said...

junkers are the best. especially those with high-miles that just won't die. like a an old but faithful horse.