I just read some amazing articles in the Ensign for August 2008. Please read these, they are so important. So much in this article rang true for me. For one, when i was 25 I was diagnosed with depression. A lot of this was because I allowed myself to be defined by my emotions. I always wanted to be married by the time I was 25, and when I wasn't, life lost meaning. I felt that I wasn't or never would be successful. I wanted to have children by the time I was 30 and that won't happen. But in the last five years, I have grown so much in myself, and I am no longer allowing my emotions to rule who I am, at least as much, it's still a ongoing struggle, but much much less so. I have learned to "redefine and enlarge belifs about what constitutes success or progress(Ensign, August 2008, pg. 22)." I love the way it is stated in the Ensign. "Success...includes being courageous and faithful in the face on loneliness and uncertainty, though it may not be the success singles most want. Progress is any movement toward peaceful acceptance of whatever the future may hold." There are many stories and experiences of people just like me that are related. This is so important for me to share because I know that a lot of people feel the way that I do, and this article brings so much faith and hope to those like me. I know from my own searching and my own struggles that my Heavenly Father loves me so much, and that He knows my righteous desires to be a wife, and a mother, and He will bless me with them, however this time that I have is a time to build self-worth, hope, and faith in the Lord. To make my foundation strong and to foster the Spirit in my life. I am so grateful for the personal plan that the Lord has for me, for Kelda Alillian Frazier, and for no one else. I truly feel His love and His guidance throughout my life. And I pray that we might all do the same.
www.lds.org and Ensign August 2008,
for more ideas and in depth conversations with a friend, check out guestmusings.blogspot.com
2 comments:
Kelda~you act like you're not awesome...what is wrong with you? You are exactly that (awesome)! seriously! You will get married when somebody just as awesome as you are comes along. (FYI...it just may not bein K-Falls.) love ya
Adrienne
Kelda,
I didn't know you real well, but when I was around you, you have a gift! you are bubbly and full of life and it was not fake. It takes a lot of effort to have that happiness...even some who do have marriage and children will never have. You are on the right path your heavenly father wants you to be. Keep making a difference and when you meet that man( i hope i meet him.......'cuz he must be awesome!) everything will have been worth it! You are a great example to me! THank you! I think you asked for my email address...if not, here it is anyway: mcduffiemom@hotmail.com
Post a Comment