I have this curse when it comes to boys. I've had it forever it seems. And I've tried to break it so many times. Why is it when I want to be friends with a guy (totally normal, myself, which sometimes is very friendly) they think that I fancy them? or it goes the other way too.....when I fancy a bloke they just want me for a friend. I tell you what!!! Grrrr! I think that everyone over analyzes relationships. "If someone says, hey I admire you, i want to be around you", it equates to "I am interested in you." Why can't it just be a compliment rather than a pick up line. what happened to honesty? Why aren't we flattered when someone wants to be our friend and enjoy that blessing of a new friendship. Why do we search for hidden meanings, or not trust what someone says?
Or when someone is interested in taking a friendship a step farther, we freak out! Come on, if we are true charitable, loving people than wouldn't we just risk it and see? If it doesn't work, then hey, you still have a friend. Awkwardness is only caused when you're not secure enough with yourself and your mistakes to love someone more than you and to show them. Like if a relationship doesn't work, that's life, it doesn't mean that you can't be friends. You're still a beautiful person not matter if it doesn't work with someone or not. No need to be awkward. forgiveness also plays a part in this "dismiss the awkwardness" idea.
This is my curse, and my dream is this.....to be sent someone that just let's things be and is my friend, or my mate. Whichever, just so long as he's content with just keeping things as they are, straight up and honest. what a blessing and great friendship, what a dream. you know, I know this will happen in someway too, so thanks to all of those friends that i have that are like this, and thanks for listening to the rant and rave of my frustrations.
1 comment:
Oh...I think we may have the same curse...lol...sadly enough though I think I have become more apathetic about the whole "dating" thing...it's not good and yet I do nothing to change it. Oops. But I know I need to, it's just the last time I went for it and was open it blew up in my face and I felt horrible afterwards and there was bad gossip going around about me...so sometimes I feel it's just not worth putting yourself out there, you know? But I know that it is really worth it and I can't expect the miracle of marriage to happen if I don't get out there but you know when you strike out so many times, you just begin to think it's YOU and not them...LOL! Oh, Kelda I feel your pain...and it's empathetic not sympathetic...much deeper than the latter. Let me know what's up with you...I would love to hear back, come check out my blog!!
Post a Comment