Part of what I do as a hobby/supplemental job is housesit. Now there have been a lot of adventures while housesitting.
1. Water pump has gone out
2. I've been snowed in
3. Dogs run away
4. Horses eat a ton of food
etc, etc, etc
But the craziest thing that I have had to deal with is the snow. When you are at your own home, you know where the shovels are, you know how much work you will have to do. But at others homes...it is quite an adventure.
Where is the shovel? I'm freezing! Where are my chains so I can get in this driveway? I'm freezing and wet!! I have learned how to put on my chains, not at my house where my daddy can help me, but on hills of ice, in high heels and a skirt, in drifts of snow taller than my car, and all at someone else's home.
Now don't get the wrong idea, I love house sitting. It's a chance to get away from the world, and to do something nice for others and their sweet animals. And I love the people that I house sit for, they are all very amazing people. Plus, the views, as you can see, are amazing! So holla to my housesitting friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment