Tuesday, March 31, 2015

ROUND TWO! If at first you don't succeed, try again.

Oh nelly.
The rumor's have made their go around again. This time in ways that could affect my friends. And my friends are very important to me and I will guard them and protect them like a fierce watchdog.

However, where is the point that forgiveness and kindness enter in? Because let me tell you, when someone messes with my friends the last thing that I want to do is be kind and forgive.

There are so many beautiful quotes out there about how to deal with these situations. I think that first that that is important is to remember that it is not ME or MY friends that are being attacked but it is someone's deep seated pain that is being projected onto others. Then I think this next part comes in to play so that kindness and forgiveness can enter in.

"Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity." (Moroni 10:20) "And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." (Moroni 7:45).

I hope that the people that feel a need to talk about others faults and weaknesses are treated with kindness and love. I have a hard time doing this, but I know it can be done. I know that love softens hearts. Mine and theirs. I know that what matters most is my heart and my ability to try my best to be like the Savior.  And there will probably be more instances in my life that are like this, practice makes perfect. Until then.........

No comments: