Saturday, May 5, 2012

#77...? check, check

I don't know what the definition of confidence means, or how you know that you have it. I think that confidence like faith is something that is ever growing and is reliant on the Lord.
I believe that confidence comes from knowing who you truly are, your strengths, your weaknesses, and how the Lord views you, and not allowing anyone's comments, opinions, or attitudes shake or change that.

I know who I am.
I am a daughter of God.
I am loyal, determined, fiercely loving, spiritual, strong in my faith and valiant in my beliefs.
I am instrospective, emotional, sensitive to others feelings, and caring.
I am a hard worker, honest, and true.
I am humble, think more of others than myself, and realize that everything I am and have is a blessing from my Heavenly Father that allows me to help others.

There is pain that comes with who I am, but it gives me understanding and compassion for those around me, and I would never change that.
There is disappointment in my life, but it gives me hope and great faith in the Lord's plan for me.
I am not cocky or boastful, I boast of my Lord and the great good that He has blessed me with, and the trials and tribulations that He has tested me with.

As Ammon said in the Book of Mormon, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therfore I will not boast of myself, bu I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things...." Alma 26:11-12.

My joy is full and I am happy.
Confidence is found in the Lord.