I love to housesit. It's a nice opportunity to be in charge of my own meals, take care of myself, and reflect on life....mini vacays!!!
However, last night in the dark of the room, there came a sound in the closet. It sounded as if something large and frightening were trying to claw it's way out of a trap. I quickly turned on the light, fearing a great big blue monster would roar at me from the behind the doors. There. Was. Nothing.
The sound then came from the ceiling above me....I thought "It's the dog walking around." But it wasn't toenails that were scratching above me...Of course, being a young lady that frigthens easily, my thoughts quickly visited the idea of other-worldly phenomenons visitng the home.
Terrified, I scrunched into a ball, and prayed and prayed that I would be able to co-exist with a floaty white object. Somehow I was able to sleep through most of the night, only occasionally being awakened by the scratching that I was now too tired to be concerned with. Pray works.
This morning, however, the noise was in the wall, so it was obviously not the dog or a ghost. I decided to confront the confounded thing. "Why don't you go to another room?!" I asked. It stopped, and thought, and then scratched it's answer to me. "I don't understand scratchy, you silly thing!!! Go outside and enjoy the weather!" Again, it tried to communicate with me with it's ineffective noise. "GRRRR!" I stomped away and decided to hope that it would leave during the day whilst I was working. Time to think positively.
At least it's in the wall, and not spreading it's icky disease to me while I sleep.
Ahhhhh the adventures of housesitting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment