Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gradually updating :) and catching you up!

Return of the blogger :) It's catch up time for those that follow. Each night until I'm caught up I'm going to update and share pictures of the past six months. It has been a long road that has been lacking in bumps and bruises because it has been full of mountains and cliffs. Looking back, I'm constantly amazed at the growth and beauty that the struggles I have gone through have increased my faith and solid foundation in the gospel. Not to mention taught some valuable life lessons that I hope to remember and that we can all grow from.
I have some friends that go to the New Year's celebration of Bull Mania each year and praise the fun!! I've wanted to go sooo much but always forgot, or found an excuse to not attend because it was something new. This year, I vowed that no matter what....I was going to go to BULL MANIA!!! I prepared by fulfilling #42 of 101 in 1001 and bought some ARiat boots during Black Friday. I invited some friends that cancelled last minute, so I went with some other friends. :) It was amazing!! I've been to many a rodeo being from Pendleton but never have I seen the intense action so UP CLOSE!! There were horses bucking in the pens, bulls fighting, and many crazy adventures. There was a live band and a money balloon pop at the end. All in all, it was a great New Year's Eve that I loved!! Now I'm going to go to Pendleton for sure! Becoming a country/cowgirl at heart :)
My Boss Mike as Father Christmas. His coat has real seal fur on it. Pretty cool eh?
Of course, what is break without some family shooting? My mom had never shot a shotgun and she was able to do it the first time this episode of the family shooting sagas.
My pops is a great guy!! I volunteered his awesome woodworking skills to make cubby holes for our dental hygiene breakroom...I figured we could use more room, and make it look pretty in some way. I did not know however how much effort goes into shelves!!!! I thought we could slap them together in a few weeks and call it good! Nope......it took 4 months to make these beauties!! And the break room looks fantastic! I have a lot more respect for the wood workers. :)

Christmas Yeti that rode around the Snowflake parade :)

No comments: