Wednesday, April 27, 2011

soliloquies of the single girl part 2

I was told by someone that there is SO much that a single person can do to serve the Lord. I became on fire then when i realized that I should'nt sleep a wink because I can do SO much...and sleeping gets in the way. That feeling died after two weeks. It's exhausting!!!

But this is something beautiful about being the single one.
The loneliness of not having a family or kids really opens your eyes to see the blessings in your life, and how much the Lord is really truly there for you every single day. In the smallest ways, He lets you know how much He loves you. You just look and see. It's easier when your single and got no one. :) I'm grateful for this time to draw close to my Saviour and feel His love.

updates of the ways i've felt the love:
I helped certify 12 yr olds for camp...boy! i was nervous!! I got to bear my testimony to them of how beautiful nature is and how we can feel our Saviour's love. After we were done, one girl hung around and was talking to me about life. I told a few things that were hard for me (in 12 yr old language) and she was beautiful! She said, "Remember to take a nature walk so you can feel the Spirit and you'll feel better" So pure, so simple, and so loving. Then she hugged me. I learned from you sweet thing. Take time to smell the roses and feel your Saviour's love.

As I said, I was nervous about being entertaining and instructing to these girls at the same time while trying to juggle school. I was stressed, and I guess I prayed in my heart and the Lord knew my desires, because two days before a lady that I didn't know called me and told me all these things she had to help teach. It was amazing! and a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. Amy was definately a blessing to me!


Every week I go walking/eating sushi with a friend that is here for a short time, and even though I talk incesently and don't stop, she teaches me SO much about love and faith. I'm very sad that she will be leaving soon, but I am so grateful for her and the most amazing and beautiful, encouraging friend that she is. What a blessing at a time in my life that I was very discouraged. Thank you Jacci.


till next time,


the single one. happy, enjoying, and on fire. :)

1 comment:

miss dawn said...

How is everything going? Any big plans for the summer?