
I've been reading this book called "Tuesdays with Morrie". It is amazing! I want to first thank my friend that gave me this book....sorry, I opened my present without you :/...but thank you so much for it! Now, I want to share with you a paragraph from the book.
"...You closed your eyes....sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too----even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling." Morrie also said that "Love always wins."
This little bit of philosophy that Morrie shares answers so many questions that I think of throughout the weeks of life. I can't believe the things that I see happening in my life, I lost something that meant so much to me and I couldn't believe it when it happened. My future is so undecided and what I feel I might do, is so not what I believed I would do, even two months ago.
I worry about my relationships with people, and sometimes I'm pushy, dependant, and afraid of change in those relationships, but Morrie gives me comfort. Trust people, let go of the net that holds you back from that trust......love always wins.....even when you're in the dark, even when you're falling. Think on this and what it means in your life....do you trust? I don't mean blindly...but do you? Do you love?
6 comments:
So that digital fast thing was some kind of a hilarious joke, right?
What maturity and soul-searching I felt while reading your comment. Trust is one of the hardest fears to overcome, I'm sure of it. I think we all struggle, from one degree or another, of letting others in and allowing them to uphold some sort of responsibility in our lives.
You will make the right choice about where to go and what to do, just talk to the Lord about it. He wants you to succeed more than anyone else. I'm sure you've already had a pretty stern talking with the Big Man, so maybe it's time to sit back and listen to what he's saying. Trust Him.
Kelda I need your email so you can see my new baby! I loved that book too. It has been awhile since I read it but I remember it was a breath of fresh air. I remember something morrie said about feel what you need to feel and than it will pass quicker. that really helped me not to try and control my emotions so much. Hope everything is going good with you! call me or email me! love you
nita
anita!!
I don't have your email or phone number!!!! I blogged about that section of what morrie said on my other blog too!!! check it out....twelvetothirty.blogspot.com....love you!
I don't think I am anywhere near you. My uncle works on the Thomas Angus Ranch in Baker City, and I think we are in the middle of no where.
I love that book. Some of the best phrases, but it sure has been awhile since I have read it, maybe i'll pull it out! THANKs Kelda!
Post a Comment