Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's about doing it for you...and no one else.

Around April I started a blog to track my weight loss, my eating habits, and my exercise. I kept it on private because I showed my embarrassing pictures of my weight. Well, due to a change in attitude, I'm letting it be open to the world of bloggin. I started last year at 196lbs. and I'm ending this year at 170lbs. that would be 26lbs lost and a total of 38.5 inches lost from all over my body. I used to believe that a man would love me for who I am, it didn't matter if I weighed almost 200lbs. because let's face it....after i'm pregnant who knows what i'll look like in a marriage. i wanted someone to love me for my heart, not my body, because then i felt that i knew he and i would always be attracted to each other for who we are. i know, it sounds a little twisted, but so many people i know have had broken marriages because of lack of attraction, and i was scared of that. so it was my excuse to keep my weight. it was my protection of a broken heart because i wasn't attractive enough on the outside. a few things happened to change me. 1. someone liked me for me. 2. friends my age started dying of health complications. 3. i have been given a beautiful healthy body and i need to take care of it. 4. i need to believe in me. extra weight or not. it's about being happy with yourself. 5. it feels great to be healthy and to look good!!!! 6. i'm sick of holding myself back, making excuses, and being afraid.
I'm so grateful for those that have inspired me to be better and to do this....thanks!!!!

so here ya go.....check it out. http://www.glowinthesun.blogspot.com

and fyi....i want to wear black leather pants someday.....:) and i'm on my way

2 comments:

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Kelda I am SO happy for you! I know how satisfying it is to work hard and lose the weight! I went on a 6 week program to lose weight and just need to keep it up! I am proud of you. It's about time you started seeing how beautiful you truley are (of course on the inside but Kelda you are also physically stunning)! YOU GO GIRL!

Steve Wiscombe said...

Nice work Chica! Send those extra pounds this way! I'm starting to take on the orange on a toothpick look! Oh no! hehehe good luck in future pursuits in the coming year. ;)