Friday, May 10, 2013

Cray Cray date Number 1 - The car accident and marriage proposal

I may or may not have moved to Utah to have more dating opportunities that lead to boyfriend opps, that lead to fiancee?? and then Marriage!!! What??

IT all starts with one date right?

I have done online dating and I must admit that that is where I've gotten most of my dates from.  Maybe that's why they are such unique experiences......
I have and will always have changed the names of the dudes...and won't include pictures of them.

I met Tommy online. We talked for a few days, exchanged numbers, talked on the phone, texted, and it seemed like things were going pretty good!!! We decided to meet. I was already planning on heading to Salt Lake City to go see the AMAZING temple square Christmas lights.....(it is my favorite part of Christmas in Utah) so we decided to make it a date.

I went to his house first and we made dinner and caught a movie, and then we met up with my friend Chelsea and a buddy of hers.  Temple square did not fail me, it was gorgeous! I also loved the lights at City Creek, and was just in heaven.....

Then the first snow started to come, when it's 32 degrees out and snowing, the roads are bad....
I had Tommy drive my Chevy Blazer because he knew how to avoid the hills and where to go.  Along the way, we realized that my 4WD had broken. We figured that bit out when we did a 360 in the middle of the road. Hmm.

Tommy was a great driver....he drove slow, didn't overcorrect, and paid attention to traffic....He did heaps better than I would've!!!! I was panicking at all the accidents that were happening around us!!!

Until........we merged onto a freeway from the left, caught a patch of slush, went through the right side traffic, careened down the embankment, and smashed into the hillside.

Awesome!!! my second week here, and an accident on my first date.  BAM!!!! I have never been in an accident before and I was not so thrilled. I turned to Tommy and said, "Well now that tragedy has happened, and the first date is out of the way, how about we get married?" :) Yep, I said it. LOL!!! Ever the optimist.....I was totes teasing y'all......HE KNEW THAT TOO.


My SUV was totaled. 
I ended up staying in Tommy's parents guest room (he lived at home). 
It ended up being an overnighter. hahah. jk! Not in the way that you think! Due to no car, I HAD to sleep somewhere!! 
His family was absolutely great...understanding, and supportive.

Tommy and I dated for another month and then things ended.  The end. :)
What did I learn?? Don't let men drive your car. Lol. and take things slow!

No comments: