Saturday, November 26, 2011

where to begin again? ReLAY for LiFE!

Cancer has affected us all.
For me, my grandpa had prostrate cancer that spread to his bone marrow and it was fast after that. Not many of us grandkids remember that happening....I probably remember the most because I'm the oldest, and even I don't remember. I do recall the beautiful things of his passing....when he ate his last piece of his favorite pie, and how he felt the spirits of his departed family near. I remember the love of my mom and grandma as they nursed him and sat with him. It was hard, but it showed me the strength of the plan of salvation in action.

Cancer scares me a lot!! So this was the second year that our dental hygiene girls did Relay, and I was again captain. We had twice the help and support and twice the money raised!!! It was great!

The ideas of the theme were to represent a state of the US. We were TEXASSSS!!!!




OUR beautiful banner!





WE raised heaps of $$$$ from face painting kiddos and ourselves!!! WE also teamed up with the mammography club of OIT and sold Save the Boobie shirts!! IT was amazing because we raised most of our moola that way :)




OUr cute teeths :)





The GIrls of DH!



Even though this was during the summer.....cancer never sleeps.





Theresa, my sweet friend helped a lot with Relay and the preparations for it.....she has been affected by cancer in her family in unspeakable ways.




Francie pants....one of the adjunct faculty members




The items every car wash for Relay for Life needs. :)
Sunscreen


Tunes


Soda



Jen Lyman, we're probably the whitest girls of the bunch :)




CANCER NEVER SLEEPS, NEITHER SHOULD THE SEARCH FOR THE CURE!!!


donate to acs.org to help find the cure.


This last week a co-worker of five years found out that he had pancreatic cancer.....within a week he was gone :(
This is a tribute to GAry Morris.....
He was a cranky cuss, that always had a smile and was willing to let me vent about guys in my life. Like many of the fellas I worked with at the Facilities Service at OIT, he took care of me like he would a daughter. He would come out on his break to my desk and hang out with me and make me laugh. HE helped me with car and computer problems alike.
I learned that I need to remember to always be grateful for the people in my life and tell them this every chance that I get, because it may be the last time.



ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU in one way or another, YOU NEVER know when it will be the last time that YOU CAN.


Gary, thank you for being great friend and co-worker to me. I will miss you and look forward to seeing you again someday.

1 comment:

Jen Lyman said...

We were definitely the whitest! Miss u kelda!!!