Friday, September 10, 2010

mmm mmm mmm



i truly truly love the ocean! everything about it! the fine sand between your toes (but not in your nose), the smell of the salt, the humidity (yes!! no lotion!) but MOST especially the crash and lap sound of the waves.


This last month, I was SO lucky to go to the ocean twice in two weeks!

The family went to Brookings and Sam, our friend Robert that happened to be there, and I played frisbee on the beach at night! we even had a itty bitty fire! it was aaamaaazing!
we left the hotel sliding screen door open so that we could fall asleep to the waves.
(our hotel was right on the beach, and under a lighthouse too!!) and Sam and I did some rock climbing!! it was great to hang with the bro before he went off to school. :)


Then I went to San Diego for my friend's wedding!! and played double time on the beach! i have been on beautiful beaches in australia, but never on the famous california coast. !! i must say that i love it!

i don't mind ppl being on the same sand as me either bc...it's fun to ppl watch!!


ooo boy i love those hot surfers!!!



Living in Oregon you don't jump into the ocean very much! way too cold! and I was on my mission in Australia so I didn't get in the water there....(at least not past my toes ;).....

but this time!! i got in up to my high waist!

i secretly was so scared...
my parents have always threatened us with rip tides, and sharks and what not...
(i have a terrifying fear of sharks!!)
so I've never enjoyed the water....but i did this time!!
So glad I didn't know about the baby shark that was caught just down the beach....yikes!


it's kind of nerve racking to be in to your hips and then a wave crashes over you and you're up to your neck!!! but it was SO incredibly fun! i'm sure with more practice, i'd be loads more comfortable. :) maybe someday. ;)


if you look real close you can see that my hair is wet!!

No comments: