wow! I had the stupid bright idea this year (i thought it would be awesome) to form a team for ACS Relay for Life. I mentioned this in one of my dental hygiene classes and my teacher had the amazing idea for me to do a Dental Hygiene team too!! I'm a sucker.
Theme of Relay was "Heroes" I thought it'd be great to honor our military. Rachel and her dad helped a lot with this since they are in the service.
Theme of Relay was "Heroes" I thought it'd be great to honor our military. Rachel and her dad helped a lot with this since they are in the service.
Setting up. It was dang!!!! dang!!! HOT!
Rachel and the netting. it was a little small. new idea?....
our tent! we gave information about oral cancer, sold pies and muddy buddies (DELICIOUS!) and offered for ppl to make cards to send to the military in the East.
Misster Relay. The men went around at 11 p.m. dressed up as women to earn some $$$. This was our dame. He enjoyed grabbing his coconuts and swaying his hips! on STAGE no less!! I couldn't believe it was also my DAD!!!

the Elders came hoping to get some pie, and wanting to share what the plan of salvation is all about.
my fabulous teacher, and her husband (a survivor!) It truly was a GREAT, once-in-a-lifetime thing! I'm glad she thought of it.
alicia jones. team member!

my team...OIT DENTAL HYGIENE and FRIENDS!!! I'm so thankful the opportunity that I had to scratch something off my bucket list! and that these fab. people helped me. Overall, we raised around $1000! which was double the goal that I had set. We walked, I stayed up almost all night (except for the miserable damp 1.5 hour nap i got) drank lots of Mt. Dew, and it was a success!! and we only did it in 6 weeks!
1 comment:
What an awesome fundraiser Kelda, way to go!!! Your dad looks adorable. hehe
Post a Comment