WARNING!!! IF CUTS AND BLOOD BOTHER YOU DONT LOOK AT PICTURES.
I went four wheeling last saturday for the first time in the bush. I've gone around my house and done some little wussy stuff, but this was true blue. I went with my brother and a friend of ours named travis, and we went through mud (my favorite), on dirt roads (love speed!), dirt roads with huge tread marks? (i was a little nervous, but had fun!), gullys (um, almost tipped the thing back on me), and jumps. Well, I was in the lead, and so excited for the speed (non-intentional rhyme) and there was a jump ahead, and of course I was leaning forward cause I was having fun! and went over the jump and then bam!!!! you guessed it, I hit my chin, bit my tongue, and came to a stop because I was so afraid I chipped my teeth!!! who cared about the blood in my mouth from my tongue?! WERE MY TEETH OK? (the dental hygienist in me). my bro and travis came up from behind to check that i was ok, because i had stopped all of a sudden, then sam noticed something dripping from my chin, and asked me to tilt my head back. that's when the blood started running down my shirt!! that's right! i cut open my chin....apparently it was 1 1/2" long and 1/4-1/2" wide depending on how I was holding my head. If you know me, you'd know I was so excited to be inducted to 4 wheeling injury and to have it be so minor. I flew home elated!!! Sam and I went to the ER and I got 6 stitches and several lectures on wearing a helmet from the doctors and nurses, and at the same time getting mud all over the ER (i felt so bad). All I can say is thank goodness I was wearing the dumb handkerchief so that I had something to put pressure on my cut. And of course, me being crazy and silly, was taking pics through the whole ordeal thinking...."this will be the best blog post!!!" YES! and I was laughing the whole time because after all menstral cramps hurt a lot worse and my teeth are great. I just have to look like I'm growing a goatee for five days and I get a rad scar, and landslide my sibs in the stitches competition!!! whoop whoop! Be safe, wear a helmet occasionally. :)
1 comment:
AAAOOOWWWWW!! That hurts just to look at! Hey I would love to come to your party but Scott is out of town Sat. I hope you have the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!
Post a Comment