I spent a good ten hours thinking and thinking about my life the other day, what else are you going to do when driving home from utah?
I've had some experiences in the last 3 months that have taught me a lot, and as i was driving, everything seemed to click for me. I realized I needed to simplify my life and do things that i truly love and that make me happy. here's an example of how i used to be....i can pretty much do anything well if i put my mind to it. but i could never pin down what i was passionate about. i thought it would be cool to learn how to crochet....i can do it, and i can do it good, but when i truly think about it....i don't like it at all. it was a cheap, easy hobby, but boring!!! sorry suzanne. so i thought of the times that i've done something i loved! and here's my passions.
1. i love to learn about the gospel of jesus christ.
2. i love to dance!!!!!
3. i love music, to sing it, play it, and hear it....so i'm making music a huge center of my life.
4. i love speed and feeling the wind in my hair....motorcycles, and 4wheelers. in fact when i ride them, i laugh like a giddy school girl
5. i love movies.
6. i love to read
7. i love to write, journal or poetry.
8. i love to paint, not draw, or sketch, but to paint.
9. i love to take pictures and make videos out of them for people.
10. i love to love people
11. i love to camp
12. i love family
some of these things i haven't done for years, like make videos for people, and some things i recently discovered through school, like poetry. but they make me happy and ground me to who i am. so when i got home the first thing i did was go through everything that i have and threw out all the crude. i'm still in the process, but i truly just went through everything i owned and discarded the complicated things and the stuff i don't need, or use, and kept what i loved. my room was a disaster. the center was piled high with tons of stuff! i even realized that what i thought was my fav. color isn't. lol. so welcome to the new and true kelda, that is true to herself and her values and beliefs and the things that make her happy.
3 comments:
That is the best way to be! I am kind of like that as well..doing stuff, then realizing, I don't love it! Good for you girl! Merry christmas!
Hey crocheting is not for everyone! I'm horrible at it but I find it mindless and relaxing and it keeps my hands busy! Glad you are being true to you! Yay!
Thats a great list. I'm still looking forward to your piano playing and we need to swap writing materials. I really liked those poems you shared. Happy Holidays... talk soon.
Post a Comment