Wednesday, October 15, 2008

fascinating day continued.......proud to be mormon


I've told some fellow mormons at school about this story and 2/3rds of them said that they wouldn't have raised their hand!!! I'm shocked to say the least!! When did we become afraid to share our beliefs? Who was it that said, in the face of a gun, that he was a mormon, true blue, through and through? I wasn't looking at the end of my life when I raised my hand. Honestly, I cannot believe that people wouldn't raise their hand. I have to admit though, that it is scary, because now that my beliefs are known, I know that each day that I go to that class that I have the chance of being put on the spot. For example, today, we talked about polygamy again!!! please, change the topic!!! And everytime I walk in, I feel like I can hear the class thinking "there's that mormon", but I would never walk away from my beliefs or my life in such a blatant (sp) or ashamed manner. And I think that if I'm not in a temperate mood that maybe sometime this term, I just might walk out of that class to prevent a confrontation, which I wouldn't have to do if I'd kept my hand down. Ridiculous....I'd rather walk out.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Good for you! That's what the gospel is all about, sharing what we know. You will be glad you did. Props girl.

Aaron and Megan said...

Way to be strong in standing up for what we beleive. You are being an awesome missionary in this crazy,mixed up world.

My_Kids_Mum said...

Sis,
I'm so proud of you! The story you're thinking of happened to Pres. Joseph F. Smith when he was returning home from (one of) his missions from Hawaii. I admire your integrity. Pres. Hinckley said, "Men and women of integrity understand intrinsically that theirs is the precious right to hold their heads in the sunlight of truth, unashamed before anyone." You go girl!!!
Oh, the kids and I were doing our
flu-prep cleaning and I found something that belongs to you... your OIT sweatshirt! Yes, it's here. It was hanging on the coat/hat rack. So, if you'd like me to send it to you, let me know... or you'll have to definitely visit us in December to get it! lol. ;) Love yas!