this is a poem that i read when i was sixteen, and i have tried to live by it ever since then. it's kind of funny to read and then see how it's changed my life, and see what i need to work on.
ONLY A PERSON WHO RISKS IS FREE
by Author Unknown
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your ideas, your dreams,
before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To believe is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the
greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The people who risk nothing, do nothing,
have nothing, are nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow,
but they cannot learn, feel, change,
grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes they are slaves;
they have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.
Maybe now it's more clear as to why i love so deep, laugh so loud, cry so much, and open my heart to all, also why I grow, and live and love, and hurt. Because only then am I free.
6 comments:
This has you written all over it. My favorite part is: To try is to risk failure.
But, I've learned (as I posted this on my debt blog), that failure is a choice people make. Anyhow, I hope you're well.
Love you bunches!
totally agree!!!! i've learned so much about choices lately. and i've learned from my life, that you only fail when you stop trying to succeed. hmmmm, that's a good quote, i think i'll become rich off of it. :)
Hello my friend Kelda - thanks for finding me! :) I'm still getting lots of Tuesday flowers from sweet Jordan (though maybe not every week... :) It's so fun to see your site and the fun things you are up to and dreaming of!
Kelda! How's it going? I LOVE your blog--I can totally see your personality all over it. :) Keep in touch!
Love it! Did you take your folder home from tute? There is an A.Mazing quote in there about Success is A Failure when.......you must read it. It's just incredible. Well of course it is - it's by an Apostle of the Lord!
Kelda ~ wow so good to hear from you.! I had no idea you even had a blog. Sounds like you're doing well. Why are there no pics of you on your blog? Would love to see some girl! Adrienne
Post a Comment