Thursday, January 3, 2008

Art is an expression!!

The palm tree painting is a replica
of a friends picture from the Phillipines.
I painted another picture exactly like this in a purple hue, and I was going to try different hues and techniques, but after I did this one that is shown, I got tired of painting the same thing over and over again and decided to stop.

The gray and blue one are representations of the emotions that I was feeling at the time. Sometimes I felt sad with a little bit of hope, and sometimes I was electric with emotion. I felt as if my emotions were shooting out of me.
I used a spatula technique for the background of all three paintings. I don't know if that is an actual term for a technique, I just taught it to myself. I smear color everywhere and what appears, I leave. This technique helps me to release built up emotion, and I feel like a kid when I do it because it's fun!!!!

No comments: